SETTING UP THE LB 500 PROGRAMMABLE TRIGGER UNIT
From: Dinko Pocanic
Date: 26 Jul 1999
These are the steps one follows in order to change the program in any
of the programmable trigger logic units used in the experiment:
- Go to the Windows NT machine (PC 1529) and click on the following
"Start"; select "Programs", then "Lattice", then "System"
- Open the project you need to edit (divider, trigger, ... etc)
- Once in the graphical mode, "Zoom in" on the detail you want.
For ease of editing click on "View", and select "Toolbar".
- Once you're done editing the circuit, save the file and exit.
- Click on Chip: "Update all schematic files", and then
"JEDEC file" (this compiles the new circuit)
Ignore "warnings"; heed "errors" and correct them.
- Go to the electronics rack, to PC 812 (the Trigger Frontend PC)
Make sure the Trigger Frontend program is running.
- Click on the icon "Download trigger", or "Download divider", or
whichever other may apply.
If the LB 500 you need to program has moved from its previous
CAMAC crate and/or slot, open any DOS editor (edit, notepad, etc.)
and modify the file dl1.bat (pb trigger), dl2.bat (divider) or
dl3.bat (trigger mix -- formerly LRS 2365_0). In this file there
is a line like this:
ipscode -c 2 -s 9 -n dl2.isp
where -c and -s specify the crate and slot, respectively. Change
their designations as appropriate.
- Once you've clicked on the "Download ..." button, there will be
messages inside the trigger FE window. These will contain two
separate instances of:
If either one is a !FAIL!, you have to correct the problem before
- Each PLD (programmable logic device) chip is good for ~ 10,000
downloads. Then it dies, and we throw away the LB 500 unit.